Re: Creating a peculiar Live-CD

On 11/28/14, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> In common conversation, "peculiar" can mean either "unique" or
> "strange/unusual".
> I'm using it in *both* senses.
>
> I'm working on understanding how to use debootstrap and/or
> multistrap. In another forum I was asked a question that
> initially appeared to be out of context. It got me thinking about
> unstated assumptions.
>
> When booted to the CD it will run only a specific program. On
> exit the CD will be ejected and the hardware will power down. I
> can see how I would have accomplished this on my old S-100 system
> running CPM-80. How do I approach this with Debian based tools.
> All tools used must run under Squeeze.

Was closing out tabs getting ready to go back to upgrading keyrings
when the word "K3B" leaped off the page.. CD burners (creators), don't
they eject upon job completion? Been a while and my experience was not
optimal so I'm halfway blanking on how it goes. Seems like one or
another of the couple programs I tried MIGHT HAVE ejected without
further user intervention.. Maybe that's another place to look for a
possible package to grab..

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with bird seed (trips occasionally, too) *