Re: ALSA - Multiple Sources...?

> On Jo, 27 nov 14, 03:03:33, hobie@rumormillnews.com wrote:
>> > On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 05:55:24PM -0500, hobie@rumormillnews.com
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Do you know if pulseaudio is installed?
>> >
>> > dpkg -l | grep pulseaudio
>>
>> Hi, Joel - Thanks. :)  Synaptic says "no" but running the dpkg -l
>> command
>> indicates pulseaudio 2.0.3 is present. (!)  It isn't, but there's a fair
>> number of residual files around from some earlier install, including
>> things like the gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio plugin and PulseAudio client
>> libraries.  I don't _think_ there's anything there that would cause ALSA
>> to block...?
>
> Would you mind just copy-pasting the output of above command?
>
> BTW, interpreting the output of 'dpkg -l' would be easier if one would
> not use grep to strip the header with explanations and use only dpkg's
> built-in pattern support, in this particular case:
>
>     dpkg -l '*pulseaudio*'
>
> Thanks,
> Andrei
> --

Thanks, Andrei - here 'tis:

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
ii  gstreamer0.10- 0.10.31-3+nm amd64        GStreamer plugin for PulseAudio
ii  gstreamer1.0-p 1.4.4-2      amd64        GStreamer plugin for PulseAudio
un  libsdl1.2debia <none>       <none>       (no description available)
rc  pulseaudio     2.0-3        amd64        PulseAudio sound server
un  pulseaudio-eso <none>       <none>       (no description available)
un  pulseaudio-mod <none>       <none>       (no description available)
un  pulseaudio-uti <none>       <none>       (no description available)

--hobie