Re: Fetchmail; continually losing authentication with gmx.net

Le Monday 24 November 2014 20:27:25, Ron Leach a écrit :
> List, good evening,
>
> I've looked through the man fetchmail pages and I'd like to get some
> extra logging but I can't seem to pass the -vv parameter to fetchmail.
>   Fetchmail starts as a daemon, and I can stop it and start it again, but
>
> # /etc/init.d/fetchmail start -vv
>
> doesn't seem to have any effect.
>
> Is there a way I could restart fetchmail as if it had been invoked as
> 'fetchmail -vv'?  With the extra logging I am hoping it will say why
> the authorisation is failing.

You can't pass options to the init script like that.

The best thing to do when debugging that kind of problem is to have a look at
the content of /etc/init.d/fetchmail, find the actual fetchmail command started
by the script and run the command manually from the shell.

Don't forget to remove the option to run fetchmail as a daemon (I don't
remember its name but it's in the man page). You can add any option you need
such as -vv and see the output in the terminal.

When you have seen what you wanted to see, abort fetchmail with ctrl+c and
restart it with the init script to resume normal operation.

Frederic