Re: Headless server just got suspended by updating systemd

Matt Ventura writes:
> I think the bug here IMO is that a system simply shouldn't *do* things
> in general without me telling it to. If I close the lid of my laptop,
> unless I have told it to suspend when I do so, then it shouldn't
> suspend. I should be telling my machine to do the things I want it to
> do, not telling it to not do the things I don't want it to do.

There was a default configuration.  He changed it.  I think that what
happened here was that his configuration got written over on upgrade
with the new default one that came with the upgraded/replaced packages.
That is not supposed to happen, but it is the sort of bug that creeps in
when you move functions around among packages.

Please file the bug.  The worst they can do is close it.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com