Re: How to mount an iPod Touch

On 11/23/2014 01:04 PM, Curt wrote:
On 2014-11-23, Marc Shapiro <marcnshap@gmail.com> wrote:
What does it say when you run "ideviceinfo" in a terminal after plugging
in your device (might tell us what is missing from the picture)?

GnuTLS error: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.

Well, that error is worth a google search.

I'm seeing:

  if you receive this error message when trying to mount with Ifuse

  GNUTLS ERROR: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received

  You need to pair the phone with your pc to do this enter this command

  idevicepair unpair

  Your Iphone or other Idevice will automatically try to re-pair you can
  then unplug it and plug it back in and it should mount correctly.

Worth a try. I'm off to bed.  Good luck.

Still no luck. I had already tried unpairing and then pairing the device many times. When I try to unpair the device I may get a response that says it has been unpaired, suggesting that it had been paired, but that is not the case. If I then use idevicepair pair I get:

~/bin$ idevicepair pair
ERROR: Pairing with device ea1f2a0800d76f91f9bc0d50d6620151d249e6a9 failed with unhandled error code -3