Re: What provides /dev/disk/by-uuid?

On 11/19/2014 12:10 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2014-11-19 20:45 +0100, Matt Ventura wrote:

What module/script/thing actually provides /dev/disk/by-uuid and
by-label?
Those are created by udev, the rules are in the file
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules.

I'm asking because I disabled some things in my kernel
config and now I no longer have those (neither before mounting root
nor when fully booted). If I go back to my old kernel config, it works
fine. What do I need to put in my kernel or initramfs to get these
working?
You did not specify which udev version you have, but the one in Jessie
needs CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y.  See /usr/share/doc/systemd/README.gz (if
systemd is installed) for other requirements.

Cheers,
        Sven

I'm using unstable. udevd --version says 215. I tried restarting udev manually but they didn't appear, and that script is in place (in the booted system, not sure about the initramfs).