Re: No Google bubble? (was: systemd for administrators, printable version.)

On 2014-11-19, Morel Bérenger <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
> Le Mer 19 novembre 2014 16:49, Curt a écrit :
>> So I don't see how Google could have tailored my results.
>
> For example, it can guess from your IP from where you come, and show
> results more... pertinent... considering your location.

It could.

> A easy test: search for "test". This word exists in several languages, so
> using it on google.com from various IPs can be interesting, if you can.

I'll have to call my brother in California. Or use a proxy.

> You can also try to use any other variants of google (.fr, .us, etc) and
> check if you are having the same results.

Well, from experience I know that they can differ in this case.

> If results differ from a test to another, then, yes, google is bubbling you.

So you go to google.fr, do a search, it gives you primarily
French-language results, and you're being bubbled? And ducky ducky a
gogo gives you results primarily in ... what?  What is the neutral,
non-bubbling lingo on this planet?  Just asking.

> Now, is bubbling good or not, is a different question and I do not intend
> to try to answer it :)

It may be good for a francophone, si tu ne causes pas la langue de M
Shakespeare!