Re: Qt version of gnuplot strange message

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:03:41PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> The newer version of gnuplot is issuing a warning that I have never
> seen before:
>
> Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason :
> None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and
> host-based authentication failed
>
> Apparently Qt believes it has to 'authenticate' the data which I
> am feeding to gnuplot. I had always thought that the authenticity
> of the data was the responsibility of me, the human user, and not
> something that a could possibly be done by an artificial intelligence.
> Where can I read about this crazy new feature? and how I can disable
> and silence it?

It's not the data you're feeding to gnuplot that QT is trying to
authenticate, but it is trying to authenticate your access to the
session manager. If you're not running KDE as your desktop (or rather,
if the KDE session manager isn't running), then this error can be
ignored. If you're running KDE, but not running gnuplot as the same
user, then this error can either be ignored, or use sudo to start
gnuplot.