Re: engineering management practices and systemd (Re: Installing an Alternative Init?)

Le 16/11/2014 02:13, Ludovic Meyer a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 10:05:49PM +0100, Erwan David wrote:

>>> I rather think Andrei might not regard this as answering his challenge.
>>> (You also didn't say whether the link's picture made you chuckle :) ).

>>> Fair enough, but working within the realities of a situation is also
>>> part of the deal. The deal for Jessie is systemd. This is not on a take
>>> it or leave basis; quite a lot of work has been put into ensuring the
>>> alternatives you want are there.
>>
>> It isq : when you have bugs like
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=762623
>> Once said "oh it works with systemd", then no more activity on the bug,
>> nothing.
> I would suggest to read the url you post. There was a message from the
> maintainer saying "sorry, i tought I answered, I already reported it to
> udev, please give more information on the bug".
>
> Then indeed, you didn't followed up.

Sorry, I was not asked more precision since 2 days ago, and could not
answer right away.
>> That means that practically, systemd is de facto compulsory. Not the
>> default, the only way allowed.
>>
>> So it is take or leave.
> I think this conclusion is likely wrong and hasty, given the lack of
> activity is a result on waiting on more information from the reporter.

Reporter cannot give info if not asked to...

Moreover even when systemd is not pid 1, it must be used through logind,
pam, etc...

I cannot help more since I do not find any doc on debugging systemd
components, for people not knowng systemd internals.