Strange problem with samba share, maybe dns related

Hello,

today I realized a strange bug (maybe there is a reason for it but I dont know):

All our employees have a directory/folder at our (wheezy-lts) server, which is for interchange. Everybody gets a folder with his name where anybody can put things in. It is connected to Windows Clients by the letter "Z:\". I generated a huge sum of pdfs which I want to share at the server. As I looked for them from a windows-client, I could hardly see anything in this folder despite I know that there are many folders with pdfs in its subdirectories. They are all recursive chmodded 777 and owner is me as samba user (me:me). Now there are people able to see, browse and use this documents, but not me as a windows user. The strangest thing: If I take the IP instead of the NAME of the server - it works!

How is it possible, that a folder called via name is empty and via ip it is not?

Z:\pdf        -> empty folder

\\SERVER\fileserver\Mitarbeiter\me\pdf\    -> empty folder

\\192.168.178.123\\fileserver\Mitarbeiter\me\pdf\   -> 2308 Elements

ls -l gives drwxrwxrwx per subfolder and owner is me:me

Is this a DNS-based problem or whats going on here?

I cant explain it, please help!

Greetings

Cyril
--
AfU Agentur für Unternehmensnachrichten GmbH
Albacher Weg 11

Telefon: 06404 66 18 56
Telefax: 06404 37 50
E-Mail: redaktion@afu.de