Re: Qsynth working, Fluidsynth not

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 01:34:36PM -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:
> What I found shows both qsynth and fluidsynth depend on jackd, since I did
> not have jackd installed and both refused to run, with the same error
> message, to the effect that "jackd could not be found or started."
>
> It would seem that these two packages should depend on the jackd package,
> but don't.

They depend on the libjackd libraries, indirectly. There's a possible use-case
where you have fluidsynth on one computer but the jackd process on another (I
think), in which case you may not need/want jackd installed in the same place
as fluidsynth. I suspect this is a very rare use-case. Perhaps libfluidsynth1
or another package should Recmmends: jackd at the very least.