Re: iceweasel "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt"

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:00:03 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Friday 14 November 2014 09:18:22 Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 08:56:08 +0000 Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> You seem to have missed my question about which plugin/backend
>> Iceweasel is using to play the video.
>
> How do I find out?

To find out, enter 'about:plugins' in the browser address bar. This will
show a list of plugins and the MIME types and file suffixes for which
they are responsible.

My Iceweasel 31.2.0 does not show a list item for .mp4, and the video
link posted by OP fails to play with the same error message.

Opening the link in VLC appears to work fine, assuming the video is 7
seconds of a static image with no audio.