Re: what's the difference btw. libelf1 and libelfg0?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Christian Groessler wrote:
> Ignoring the freebsd version, I'm wondering what's the difference
> between libelf1 and libelfg0. They seem to be built from the same
> sources, 'apt-get source' retrieves the same files.

Two different sonames. The g0 version exists for compatibility with
certain pre-packaged binaries which require it.

Most (all, hopefully) things in Debian should require the libelf1
package instead of the libelfg0 package:

 This shared library may be needed by pre-packaged programs. To compile
 programs with this library, you will need to install the libelfg0-dev
 package as well.