Re: Re: Re: Has the systemd fork already happened?

One of the members of the refracta team is experimenting with repackaging
stuff after removing the dependency on systemd libs. I think tornow
provided the link to these packages in another post on this thread. This
might be a viable option for some people, but it needs more testing than
the few of us can do.

If someone wanted to switch from using a sanitized package to an official
one that uses systemd, it would be a simple matter of installing the
official debian package. No need to switch distro or even change
sources.list. You might need to alter the pinning. We haven't gotten to
that bridge yet.

And no, there's no indication on the official website of why we would or
would not want systemd. You can find some discussion about it at the
refracta forum. The reason I put together a non-systemd build is because
some people expressed a desire for it, and because I wanted to see if it
would work. I still haven't decided if I'm going to use systemd or not on
my own desktop.

Refracta Homepage
http://www.ibiblio.org/refracta/

Refracta Forum
http://refracta.freeforums.org

Most of the downloads are at sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/