Re: Re: Has the systemd fork already happened?

John Hasler writes:

>tornow writes:
>> I am not a big fan of such workarounds. It doesn't seem to make sense
> >to work against Debian all the time. If one doesn't want systemd,
> >then
> >the solution is to leave. I mean: If you use Debian, then you use it
> >cause it is rock solid, aka stable.

>Except that many are concerned (not unjustifiably, IMHO) that wholesale
>adoption of Systemd will liquify that rock.

I had that in mind. Yes, i was unclear. To me Debian is pre- and post-
systemd. Bit confusing, but still my fault not having said it more
clear.

My main point was: Using a different OS is a better solution. Debian
decided to use systemd. There is not much one can do about it. Accept
or Leave. For now you can workaround, but in the long run? Whew ... way
too much work.

I decided to leave, in case it was not clear. Thanks for the fish and a
couple of nice years. Debian did a lot for me. I will not forget that.