Re: xpdf(1) doesn't read ~/.xpdfrc

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> It isn't important in the context of xpdf's
> behaviour ...

That's what I thought :) But you asked, and by all
means it could be interesting to find out...

> ... and it doesn't appear you have any of them. But
> you could try 'dpkg - | grep -i xfce', for example.

That gives me "dpkg: error: need an action option".

> I am not; I was just pointing to a possible bug you
> have met. Actually, it is very unlikely Wheezy's
> xpdf will install on unstable.

You are right, that didn't work. It says there is
something wrong with libfontconfig1, but downgrading
that as well had aptitude suggesting removing two
thirds of my system, so I won't do that.

I'll grep the web for the xpdf homepage, perhaps I can
compile it from a more recent tarball than the Debian
package, in which this bug has been fixed...

--
underground experts united