Re: xpdf(1) doesn't read ~/.xpdfrc

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> By "desktop environment" I meant GNOME, KDE etc.

Yes, I know that GNOME and KDE are DEs but I don't
know what I use.

The only thing process-wise I have is this

$ ps -e | egrep -i '(gnome|kde)'
   17 ?        00:00:00 kdevtmpfs

which I don't think is KDE related.

Do you know how to make a more to-the-point query as
to find out?

> Your .xpdfrc works fine in Wheezy but is not in
> testing or unstable. It looks like #739271.
>
>    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=739271

OK! It seems I have got Sid according to these lines

deb     http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

in /etc/apt/sources.list

'uname -r' says "3.16-2-amd64", and aptitude says
linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64 is installed, so that means
I have the right kernel for "xpdf version 3.03" (xpdf
-v), right?

So you are suggesting I downgrade xpdf in particular
to the Wheezy version?

Thank you!

--
underground experts united