Re: Installing Android development software

On 11/09/2014 12:50 PM, Steve Greig wrote:
I thought I would try and build an Android app and see that you have
to download and install some software:
adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20140702.zip

Before doing this (I often find installs go wrong) I was wondering if
it is possible to do it using apt which I have had some success with.

Only needed to setup i386 arch and ia32-libs, and a few others. Look for a recent guide on setting up the ADT bundle on Wheezy.

Would be very grateful for any insight into this. Basically  I don't
really know how to see what software is available to me via apt. I am
running Wheezy.

I've not had any problems, but you might what to look at Android Studio beta if your app is already based on gradle or you don't like eclipse.