Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

On 11/3/2014 8:36 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
<snip>
> I suppose it may be polemic to assert that forking debian and setting up
> a new community would be labor-intensive, fractious, divisive, and
> general not a wise use of precious free/libre/open community resources,
> in short, "dumb".

But just the fact there are people who consider systemd to be
problematic enough to consider forking Debian should not be ignored.

I agree it would be labor-intensive, fractious and divisive.  However,
if the people feel it is that important, I think it would be a wise use
of community resources.

However you look at it, there are a lot of people who love systemd - and
a lot of people who don't want it anywhere near their systems.  Then I
suspect there is the majority, who are somewhere in between.

Jerry