Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

On 03/11/14 01:18, Joel Rees wrote:
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:46 AM, Peter Nieman <gmane-acct@t-online.de> wrote:
On 02/11/14 16:45, Marty wrote:

http://uselessd.darknedgy.net/ProSystemdAntiSystemd/

It should be required reading for any participant in a systemd thread.

Required reading because of what? In order to learn what an arrogant and
insulting pamphlet looks like? I doubt that using the word "dumb" three
times in the first few sentences is an intelligent way of convincing anybody
of anything.

You exaggerate a little.

Yes, I do. ;-)

Useful, no matter which side you take?

I think so, although extremists on either side of the debate will
likely find it irritating:

[snip]

And it continues in the same vein, pointing out, much to the apparent
distress of extremists, that bad arguments are being used on both
sides of the debate.

[snip]

So it's going to be hated by extremists on both sides ...

[snip]

I'll agree, everyone who wants to continue discussing or debating
systemd should read it. Not because it shows how wrong you guys all
are (on both sides), but because systemd isn't going away any time
soon and we need to put the dumb arguments _on_ _both_ _sides_ away
and focus our time on finding ways to make debian's efforts to allow
multiple inits going forward to work.

The pamphlet by the uselessd developer is full of polemics, opinionated judgement, and unsubstantiated assumptions about the character of people he has never met. To me, that makes his text appear arrogant and - well - useless.

You, too, seem to take it for granted that we all agree what an "extremist" is and what is "right", "wrong", or "dumb", and are making assumptions about how these "extremists" most likely think and feel and what will happen in the future. I think we shouldn't make such assumptions.