Re: Suggestion for systemd and /usr on seperate partition

* David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> [2014-10-31 10:22 +0200]:

> On Thursday 30 October 2014 19:46:26 Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
[...]
> > To mount /usr at boottime you need to boot with an initramfs.
> >
> > Therefor you need at least
> >
> > ii  initramfs-tools  0.118
> > ii  util-linux       2.25.2-2
> >
> > which are available in sid. I don't know wheather this works on an
> > encrypted /usr, but at the end it works on sysvinit, upstart and
> > systemd. Check the BTS for initramfs-tools and util-linux.
> >
> > Elimar
>
> Cool. I have not yet upgraded to 0.118 because of serious bugs.
> How might I set it up to mount /usr at boot time?

Just upgrade to sid. Didn't found the way to jessie yet because of
some RC bugs.

> (Alternatively: Used to be possible to demand certain modules be
> included in the initrd. Initramfs now defaults to "all/most." I
> used to use "dep." Were some item in /usr... be actually needed at
> boot, could that be specified for inclusion to initramfs?)

It's your decision. MODULES=most should be okay. BUSYBOX=y is
essential.

Elimar
--
 We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -Linus Torvalds