Re: Suggestion for systemd and /usr on seperate partition

* Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> [2014-10-30 10:27 +0100]:

> Dear maintainers,
>
> completely without starting any flamewars:
>
> I am using systemd and I have /usr mounted on a separate partition as well as
> /var, /home, /boot and /.
>
> Additionally /usr, /var and /home are luks encrypted.
>
> Due to this profile, I get a lot of annoying errors, as systemd does not find
> /usr when it is started, because it produces an error and then switches to
> verbose mode. This is very annoying!

To mount /usr at boottime you need to boot with an initramfs.

Therefor you need at least

ii  initramfs-tools  0.118
ii  util-linux       2.25.2-2

which are available in sid. I don't know wheather this works on an
encrypted /usr, but at the end it works on sysvinit, upstart and
systemd. Check the BTS for initramfs-tools and util-linux.

Elimar
--
    .~.
    /V\   L   I   N   U   X