Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

On Tue, 10/28/14, lee <lee@yagibdah.de> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 2:54 PM

I am considering Funtoo.

I would rather stay free of systemd.  The problem is that this is
already pretty much impossible.

Hard but not impossible.  See this list.

Funtoo is on there as as well as Debian-based Refracta which just posted a systemd-free 'Proto-Refracta Jessie with sysvinit' iso (without libsystemd0):

:~$ cat package_list | grep systemd
:~$

I've always preferred to have only installed what is needed.
Unfortunately, this has become more and more difficult.

It's ok to ship it.  It shouldn't be installed when it's not needed.

Yes to all of this.

golinux