Re: multiple redmine sites

Le 29.10.2014 11:04, Bram Diederik a écrit :

Le 28.10.2014 15:19, Bram Diederik a écrit :

I am able to connect to the databases

here is the config of the default site , dev site only has a
different  X_DEBIAN_SITEID  setting e.g.  FcgidInitialEnv
X_DEBIAN_SITEID "dev"

-----------

        FcgidInitialEnv RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT ""
        FcgidInitialEnv X_DEBIAN_SITEID "default"

        Alias "/plugin_assets/"
/var/cache/redmine/default/plugin_assets/
        DocumentRoot /usr/share/redmine/public

                Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                RewriteEngine On
                RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA]
                RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f [OR]
                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}
dispatch.fcgi$
                RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.fcgi [QSA,L]

        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile
/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
        SSLCertificateKeyFile
/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key

Hello.

I think the problem comes from your apache's configuration. This
should help you:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/index.html [1]

In short, you need to setup different VirtualHosts. They can
differ with name, but this will imply a correct DNS configuration I
guess, or by IPs/port, which might be easier if you do not have
access to your DNS. In that case, users will have to know the
correct IP/port of the instance.
If you go to a different port, users will have to use it when
accessing the server, for example: "http://localhost:443/redmine
[2]", or "http://localhost:444/redmine [3]". You will have to take

care no daemon is listening to ports you used.
If you go for a different IP, you can simply add it in
/etc/network/interface, by adding (for example) a "eth0:0" address.
Users will need to know that address, which might be static, or set
by a DHCP.

I'm not an expert on that, so I might be wrong.

PS: There are some usages on this (and some other) mailing list:

Only reply to the list, do not reply to both the guy which replied
and the list, or worse, only to the guy (except special cases).
Try to reply at the end of the message, quoting only the parts of
the message your are replying to. It makes it easier for other
people to contribute to a discussion (since the history is read
from
top to bottom).
Do not use HTML when posting. It does not always behave correctly
everywhere (in my case, it seems my webmail is not able to
understand that the xml parts were not beacons, which made my quote
almost unreadable), and is heavier (some people may have very
limited bandwidth).

--

I dont think changing a virtualhost will fix any thing.

I have two sites the only difference is that One has https 443  and
X_DEBIAN_SITEID "default"

the other one (sandbox) has http port 3000 and X_DEBIAN_SITEID
"sandbox"

as described in the README.debian.

Links:
------
[1] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/index.html
[2] http://localhost:443/redmine
[3] http://localhost:444/redmine
[4] mailto:berenger.morel@neutralite.org

So, you probably should have one virtual host like

<VirtualHost *:443>

and the other one like

<VirtualHost *:3000>

?

--
Yes and both there own FcgidInitialEnv X_DEBIAN_SITEID setting.

FcgidInitialEnv X_DEBIAN_SITEID "default"  for the 443 site

FcgidInitialEnv X_DEBIAN_SITEID "dev"  for the 3000 site

but both sites connect to the default site when i visit them with some browser