Re: multiple redmine sites

Le 28.10.2014 13:37, Bram Diederik a écrit :
Hi all,

I am setting up a bug tracking envoirment for my new job. And
selected redmine for the job.

All is going well but now i try to setup an sandbox environment for
developers and reporters to play around.. the Debian packages states
that you can run multiple envoriments on one debian system but i have
failed in trying to get it done.

I created two sites using dpkg-reconfigure  (default and dev)
setup two apache sites using the example:
/usr/share/doc/redmine/examples/apache2-host.conf
and changed the  FcgidInitialEnv X_DEBIAN_SITEID to dev for the dev
environment
but when i access the dev site the site has the default content

Can some one help me out please?

thanks in advanced.

Bram

Hello.

Can you show the content of the files in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled ?

Then, which SGBDR did you use? mysql? postgresql? sqlite? Have you one DB per virtual host? Can you access to each DB?

If you have 2 virtual hosts and 1 DB for each vhost and if they are correctly configured, then the problem might come from your redmine's configuration.
How did you managed to have 2 instances?

I think that the easiest, could be to deploy those instances on VMs, which have the advantage of easier individual deployment, and better flexibility: if one day you have to move an instance from a physical server to another one, just move the VM. To do the network linkage between the host and it's VMs, you can use iptables.

For that, you'll need to enable ip forwarding in the host computer (the easiest but non-resilient solution for this is: echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ) and then masquerade ( iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE ) and finally ports redirection ( iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -d $localip -p tcp --dport ${http_port[$i]} -j DNAT --to ${http_ip[$i]}:80 ). The only constraint here, is that you'll need to do those commands at each reboot. So, when you have something which works, move it into a script, and either call it from /etc/init.d or manually after reboots.

That's the easiest, but it might not meet your requirements, and the commands I gave simply works for me (I have "recently" deployed a combo with redmine+git+virtual machines, using the VMs to emulate production environment, but I am in no way an expert with apache+ruby stuff, which are messy imho).

Good luck. Deploying one instance of redmine was painful enough for me...