Re: Understanding DNS, Create an "Failover"

> If the DNS information does not change frequently, then you can make
> the changes to both databases manually. You may be able to just copy
> the zone files, I'm not sure, but you will need to update the serial
> numbers.

Basti asked about resolvers, you are talking about authoritative
servers.

Basti, if the timeout from the first listed name server bothers you
can either install a local resolver such as BIND or Unbound and
configure it as a forwarder (the local resolver will react more
gracefully to unavailable upstream resolvers), or use techniques such
as IP anycast or some other high-availability approach to make sure
that there is always a server responding under the IP address you have
configured.