iceweasel "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt"

Hi,

I use debian stable (wheezy) on my amd-64 laptop. Somewhere over the last weeks my iceweasel stopped playing mp4 videos.
I get the error message "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt".

iceweasel was playing the same video file perfectly fine a few weeks ago. I haven't changed anything to the laptop except for security updates (apt-get update, apt-get upgrade).
It might be a coincidence, but I noticed that my iceweasel was recently updated to 31.2.0 through security updates.
So I *think* the problem is with the iceweasel package, but I might be wrong.

How to reproduce the problem:

Type "http://www.nordet.net/etc/noreaster.mp4"; in the url bar
I get "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt".
If I download the mp4 file on the hard drive and play it through mplayer or totem, the video plays fine.

Has anybody noticed a similar problem?

Thanks for your time,
Pierre