Re: dpkg "no space left on device" errors (lots of room left)

On 22/10/14 19:49, John Bleichert wrote:
Hello All,

As of a few days ago I keep getting errors similar to the following when running aptitude upgrade:

----
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/cups-server-common_1.7.5-5_all.deb (--unpack): unable to create `/usr/share/cups/templates/ru/set-printer-options-header.tmpl.dpkg-new' (while processing `./usr/share/cups/templates/ru/set-printer-options-header.tmpl'): No space left on device
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
----

I've gotten strange errors like this with /tmp too outside of upgrades.

I've got arseloads of space available on all my mount points:

<snip partitions>

Try a df -i You may have run out of inodes

Cheers

Iain

And now, of course, there are dependency issues all over the place. Any suggestions on how how to sort this out? I can provide a great deal more info.

jessie/sid

Thanks,

John