Re: choose the date for the Release

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Abdelkader Belahcene wrote:
> I want to use my  mirror for more long time,
> for example the release contains the lines
>
> Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 02:49:54 UTC
> Valid-Until: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 02:49:54 UTC
>
> and then I can't update the system  after Tue, 14 Oct 2014
>
> to do it I change the date of my computer, while I am upadeting,
> but it is not  a good solution.
>
> My question:  how to change the validity date,  in the apt-mirror ??

You can't change it in the mirror, but you can have apt-get ignore it.

apt-get -o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false update;

alternatively, you can set it with a fragment like:

Acquire {
    Check-Valid-Until "false";
};

in an appropriate named file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

man apt.conf; for details.

[T]he question of whether Machines Can Think, [...] is about as
relevant as the question of whether Submarines Can Swim.
 -- Edsger W. Dijkstra "The threats to computing science"