Re: Keep using Debian without GNOME and SystemD

Στις 22-10-2014, ημέρα Τετ, και ώρα 13:40 +0200, ο/η Jochen Spieker
έγραψε:
> Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis:
> >
> >   after spending two days trying unsuccesfuly to have a usable Jessie
> >   with one of the defaults DE and with no systemd utilities, i decided
> >   the following. In the companie's pc's i support, i'll continue with
> >   Wheezy and if there is no a clear path to Jessie without a trace of
> >   systemd until Wheezy's support lifetime then bye - bye Debian.
>
> Good luck finding *any* distro with a current Gnome that does not depend
> on systemd.

I'm hopping for a Debian/xfce with no systemd deps, Gnome is not a
requirement.

> I really don't get why Debian receives so much hate in this discussion.
> Upstream software depending on systemd is not Debian's choice.

I really, really don't hate Debian. I respect the choice reg. systemd,
just I make a choice to not use it and it's ecosystem and if this is
going to be impossible to do with Debian then i've need to use something
else. But as read the various threads here reg. the removal of systemd I
don't think that will happen . :)

regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis <d.ioannidis@nephelae.eu>