Re: Refracta systemd-free progress

On Mon, 10/20/14, Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Refracta systemd-free progress
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Monday, October 20, 2014, 10:33 PM

On 20/10/14 08:39 PM, golinux@riseup.net wrote:
Check out the outstanding progress that fsmithred and dzz are making
with a systemd-free Refracta:

http://refracta.freeforums.org/going-with-the-systemd-flow-or-not-t422-50.html#p4085

http://refracta.freeforums.org/going-with-the-systemd-flow-or-not-t422-60.html#p4086

Kudos to them!! Looking forward to giving this a spin before too long.

If it makes you happy. Freedom of choice is one benefit of Linux.
Personally, I like systemd and the fast boots it provides, plus the ease
of administration.

As long as there IS choice! Those systemd 'entanglements' have the potential to be very limiting. Other options MUST be kept alive. I rarely have to boot. Mostly in and out of suspend. Back up in less than 5 secs. And it's easy to tweak config files - I like 'hands-on'. I predict that systemd will float your boat until it springs a leak . . . ;)