Re: Avoid reboot by loading initramfs again

On 20/10/14 23:52, shawn wilson wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2014 8:13 AM, "Jimmy Thrasibule" <jimmy.thrasibule@gmail.com
> <mailto:jimmy.thrasibule@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> DM> I think  it depends  on what  you're trying to  achieve and  what
> you're
>> DM> trying to avoid.
>>
>> Well my first idea was to have a kind of management OS that I can load
>> in memory to do some stuff like disk partitioning, fsck, etc...
>>

> See Qubes
>
> Its what Amazon uses for AWS. Its based on Fedora but idk of a Debian
> based distro with a similar focus

!!??

Qubes OS, uses (mostly) Fedora userland to provide a single-user KDE.
It 'can' run in AWS (EC2).
There's a difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qubes_OS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Web_Services

One of the most common OS run in AWS EC2, *is* Debian.

Kind regards