Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems

Unfortunately, unless you're a Debian Developer, the answer is no - other than with your feet - to one of the dwindling number of distros that make it policy to stay away from systemd.

Sigh....

Miles Fidelman

Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
Sorry about the newbie question but, can I vote somewhere to "preserve the choice of init systems" ?

I would like to firm my position, not against systemd but, instead, in favor of the preservation of Debian's stability and future, by being able to choose a init system during the installation (d-i).

I'm trying systemd these days but, I'm not liking it (too many bugs popping up everywhere), maybe in 2016~2020 it becomes really stable... I don't want to be a systemd "guinea pig".

Cheers!
Thiago

On 20 October 2014 15:52, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com <mailto:slitt@troubleshooters.com>> wrote:

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:15:47 +0300
    Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com
    <mailto:andreimpopescu@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > On Sb, 18 oct 14, 10:20:25, Joel Rees wrote:
    >
    > > Does this help explain why what appears to some as mere turf battles
    > > and childish name-calling, etc., is a bit more than playground
    > > antics?
    >
    > Not to me. All these discussions could very well happen on the
    > -offtopic list.

    Sure it can. Every single status-quo supporter in history has told
    protestors the same thing: If you want to ride on the front of the
    bus,
    petition the county, but don't do boycotts and civil disobediance.

    Yes, if we all wanted to have a polite discussion amongst ourselves,
    reaching nobody but those wanting to discuss cars, Obama, Ebola,
    and the
    Mideast, we certainly could go on the offtopic list. But we want to:

    A) Reach real people involved in the situation
    B) Build a community

    Frankly, telling us we can do it on the offtopic list is an insult to
    our intelligence. You know it, and we know it.

    SteveT

    Steve Litt                * http://www.troubleshooters.com/