Re: download files from iceweasel using kdialog

On 20/10/14 04:39, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Jimmy Johnson
> <field.engineer@gmail.com <mailto:field.engineer@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>
>         When I download a file via chromium, it uses kdialog to figure
>         out where the file is supposed to be stored on the disk. I find
>         this GUI to be very intuitive compared to what iceweasel uses
>         for choosing the file location.
>
>         Is there any way to tell iceweasel to use kdialog to choose the
>         file location when I try to download something?
>

>     Have you made your settings in 'Paths', KDE/'systemsetting'/'Account
>     Details'?
>

> May be I am missing something... But how is this related to the file
> dialog opened by iceweasel when downloading something?
>
> raju

Jimmy is giving you a way to change where Downloads is located - if you
are using KDE. When y/z is not possible - try x/y.

Despite your obvious good intentions you haven't given us much to work
with - which DE you are using - and why - and how, the KDE filepicker
dialog suits your purpose better. Some example of where you want to save
files - and why, might help.

Kind regards