Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems

On 20/10/14 01:28, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
Did they successed with wayland? I just took a look at weston and it
seems to be linked to stuffD... and with Dbus, when I thought I had read
time ago things about them using a home-made bus, because they thought
dbus was too heavy... I hope I'm wrong?

A default build of the Weston reference Wayland compositor will link against libdbus, because the default build includes support for interacting with logind.

It *appears* (from the options offered by the configure script) that building Weston with dbus and logind support is optional. Not being involved in the project, I have no information about how well-tested that configuration is and will leave any further commentary on the subject to people who have the relevant knowledge.