Re: [exim4] rewrite left hand of email on outgoing mail

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 08:58:11PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Now if I can just set things so that this host can accept mail from
> the rest of the lan and relay it to my smarthost.
>
> But before I create some openended monster spam hole...
> Is that just a matter of inserting the networks who's mail you want to
> relay?
>
> I mean in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf:
>
>    dc_relay_nets='10.0.0.0/24;192.168.2.0/24'
>
> Those are the two networks making up my home lan.
>
> Or is there some more specific/explicit way to tell exim to relay for them?

That's the right place. From memory I think the delimiter between networks is a
colon rather than a semi colon. If you run "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" the
resulting setup questions will include one that populates dc_relay_nets and the
question makes clear what the delimiter should be.

if you edit the file by hand, you must run "update-exim4.conf". That file (and
binary) are part of the Debian packaging "wrapper" around the real exim4
configuration. "update-exim4.conf" translates update-exim4.conf.conf into the
real thing (which is saved in /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated)