Re: [exim4] rewrite left hand of email on outgoing mail

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> iirc it's /etc/email-addresses. See also man etc-email-addresses

Oh man.... don't tell me its that easy... I've been fussing around
with this for a good while.  I've read a good bit about it, Been thru
several key documents, but never heard mention of this file,

So, I just insert things the way I want them... and restart exim4?

Do I need to use both of the forms that may occur for my user?

For example (my take from the man page but maybe bent a little):

    /etc/mail-addresses

    harry:                           reader@newsguy.com

    USER2:                           reader@newsguy.com

USER2 is also me and isn't used much.  Only for certain kinds of
testing etc. But if I did decide to send a msg from there I guess
it should be set?

Or am I missing how this file is supposed to work?