Lots of updates? OK?

My wheezy system shows 34 packages updated since I last checked, which
I think was yesterday.  Is this legitimate?  I got a security warning
about the keys when I first checked, but that went away after I did
another aptitude update.  I haven't installed any of the new packages
yet.

The update seems to include a point release (at least base-files
changes) and a new linux kernel.  I see some security advisories,
including the version bump for iceweasel, but nothing about, for
example, the kernel.  And the debian web site says the last point
release was in July.

Ross Boylan