Re: hdmi video output

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014, Darac Marjal wrote:

The easiest option is probably to boot with only the HDMI connected.

  As I already said, that works, but there are 2 problems:

  1/ In graphic mode, the right part of the screen (about one half) is much darker than
     the left one
     The problem is probably related to the X11 config(cf the attached file xorg.conf)

  2/ bad quality of the text console. I  already described it in my last post, and setting
        GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768
        GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep
     changed nothing.
     After checking that this problem does not occur when using the built-in VGA socket,
     it seems that it is not related to the choosen font or the screen resolution.
     I don't see what else to do.

   I have now the check what happens with Windows.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel
# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "LG Electronics W2242"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 83.0
    VertRefresh     56.0 - 75.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce GTX 750 Ti"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "Stereo" "0"
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "CRT-0"
    Option         "metamodes" "1680x1050 +0+0"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection