Re: Conflict of interest in Debian

On Mi, 15 oct 14, 21:37:57, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> As far as I'm aware Debian has *never* been sold anywhere, nor are
> there plans to - did I miss another meeting down the docks?

http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

No, that's not meant as a joke. As far as I understand, this is about
the only way one can "sell" FLOSS software.

Of course, the Author(s) can always sell commercial licenses, but other
that's about the only exception I'm aware. It is my understanding that
revenue with FLOSS is made from service contracts (e.g. consultancy,
installation, support, etc.).

Kind regards,
Andrei