Re: debian-advocacy?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:17:27 -0500
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> Anders Wegge Keller wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 22:43:48 +0300
> > Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> There's -offtopic (see my .sig), but apparently the anti-systemd
> >> crowd wants an audience :(
> >
> >   Stop your condescending tone,
>
> CAREFUL, you insert foot-in-mouth past clavicle

:-)

Now wait a minute Richard. His tone *was* condescending, but of course,
he was replying to somebody who dissed the list in an insulting way.

> > ...  and make your self useful
>
> Have you surveyed his other posts?

He condescends a lot, and often gets snarky with me, and I deserve the
snark only some of the time. And of course, the reply to *him* was
snarky too. And I'm not being angel-nice right now.

All that being said, as much as he's snarked at me in the past, yeah, I
value his opinion, even when he's calling me wrong (in not the
nicest possible way), which of course is why I haven't filtered him.

> > by reading a book
> > about change mangament. I don't know who you are or what your
> > merits might be. I couldn't care less right now. You just need to
> > stop. Right now!
> >
> >   If your only contribution is to tell people off, ...
>
> If you could have been bothered to research his posts.
>
> He gives relevant publicly posted answers to questions.
That's true.

> I have even publicly disagreed with him.
> I continue to value his input.

Same with me.

> > ... the whole project would be better off without you.
>
> *NO*

Agreed. Andrei's OK.

I know this impending systemd thing is bringing out the worst in me,
and I think it's bringing out the worst in a lot of us.

SteveT