Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

Marty wrote:
On 10/13/2014 07:13 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Joey Hess wrote:
Miles Fidelman wrote:
But that is the major objection of those of us who USE Debian -- the need to
do so, particularly when this concerns production servers.
Sysvinit will continue to be supported on servers in Debian 8 (jessie)
release of Debian. So you can continue to boot your production servers
with sysvinit.

A reasonably proactive admin would probably want to try out systemd (on
eg, a test server) and if it causes problems for their deployment, they
then have at least the year or two from when Debian jessie is released
until the *next* release to file bug reports and follow up on them.

Too early to say what will happen in Debian 9, but
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746715#278
is not going to be overturned without a GR either.

Ok... for others who are concerned, this is the punch-line from that bug
report: