Re: debian-advocacy?

On 10/13/2014 07:14 PM, Brian wrote:
On Tue 14 Oct 2014 at 08:02:28 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 7:35 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon 13 Oct 2014 at 15:07:33 -0700, Buntunub wrote:
>
>> This list is the perfect place for such things. The decision to make Systemd
>> default in Jessie was done by the Technical Committee, not by general vote,
>> so I guess it was decided that the whole discussion about Systemd is a bug
>> because it was relegated to such. This is the mailing list used to discuss
>> bugs and technical issues, is it not?
>
> I wanted so much to understand and make sense of what was being said
> here but gave up in the end and turned to the comfort of a book on
> Quantum Chromodynamics.

Can I recommend a thesis on analyzing execution paths of critical processes?

I'd try anything if it brought enlightenment to the post I responded to.

I think he's saying systemd is one huge bug, but you turned to physics because you thought it might actually be a Hindenburg, and then got gently steered back to traditional computer science for right answer.