Re: debian-advocacy?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue 14 Oct 2014 at 08:02:28 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

>> > I wanted so much to understand and make sense of what was being said
>> > here but gave up in the end and turned to the comfort of a book on
>> > Quantum Chromodynamics.
>>
>> Can I recommend a thesis on analyzing execution paths of critical processes?
>
> I'd try anything if it brought enlightenment to the post I responded to.

Well, that would be another topic.

But understanding execution path analysis might help understand some
of the underlying reasons for these kinds of posts.

If you aren't familiar with the topic of execution paths, these
wikipedia articles will get you started on the topic:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profiling_%28computer_programming%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_engineering
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worst-case_execution_time

I thought I had some theses handy on the topic, but they discuss tools
for analysis and assume understanding the topic. One is

    ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/paradyn/technical_papers/CritPath-ICDCS1988.pdf

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself.