Re: implicit linkage

Hi,

On 10/13/2014 12:14, Joel Rees wrote:
> Get pid 1 down to 100 lines of C, no loops, no functions called, then
> I'll be impressed.
[...]
> Setting aside initialization code, pid 1 should target less than 1000
> lines of C in the main loop. (If we were to use dash or other
> streamlined shells, we might set a target of 100 lines of code.) Loops
> and subroutines should be carefully metered for maximum execution
> paths, and proven to be deterministic, with a maximum execution path
> of less than 500 lines of C.

What's the point of this exercise? Linux's process scheduler alone has
significant more lines. And there runtime complexity actually matters...

I'm just counting lines in kernel/sched/*.[ch], I'm too lazy to filter
out comments. As an example:

$ wc kernel/sched/fair.c
  7867  26757 207986 kernel/sched/fair.c

Ansgar