Re: implicit linkage

On 12/10/14 18:13, John Hasler wrote:
Martin Read writes:
I'm not seeing a serious problem with that function.

You have no problem with an 1800 line function?

The thing that you are asking me if it is the case is not the thing I said.

I have a problem with 1800 line functions in general; they're clearly undesirably long. I don't have a *serious* problem with 1800-line functions *in general*, though they're certainly on my list of things that should be refactored.

Moving on to the specific case, I don't have a *serious* problem with that particular 1800-line function. It certainly merits refactoring (I can even see an obvious starting point for doing so), but it's not unreadable or hard to follow; it's just inconveniently long.

But while we're on the topic of things I have a problem with, here's one: people choosing to interpret "I'm not seeing a serious problem with that function" as "I have no problem with that function" :)