Installer does not detect ethernet card

Hi

Tried to re-install Debian 7.6 wheezy from USB-Stick on a Lenovo ThinkPad T420. At the step 'Detect network hardware' pops up the message 'No Ethernet card was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed by your Ethernet card, you can select it from the list'. This does not work either.

The notebook has an Intel 82577LM Gigabit (Hanksville) Digital Office ethernet adapter. The selection of the 'e1000'-driver shows up the Detect network hardware installer page again. Cable to active, working DHCP router is inserted. Country selections work fine and beforehand, the installer seems able to mount the existing harddisks.

Since Debian already is installed I am confused by that message, what do I miss?

Thanks, Axel