Re: Can't unlock the screensaver

On 09/27/2014 08:31 PM, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 06:46:49PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
On 09/27/2014 05:34 PM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
On 9/27/14, softwatt <softwatt@gmx.com> wrote:
I had a similar issue, and it turned out I was typing the password in
the wrong language. If you use multiple languages, Try pressing
ALT+SHIFT (The default language switch) and retrying. You may need to do
it multiple times if you have multiple languages.

If that is not your issue, I am clueless. Sorry.

Saw this thread earlier and blanked out, but your response now just
reminded me of something.. Check the [CapsLk] (caps lock, capital
letters) key, too, to make sure it didn't get bumped on accidentally..
It's the kind of thing a user might not even think of nor notice until
they're actually signed in and start typing where they can see the
letters..... which on average PROBABLY wouldn't happen UNTIL they
actually get signed in.. :)

Great Minds! The only thing the user sees is black dots. :) Ric

You don't even get to see those AFAIR.

Are you on a laptop with the number keys sprinkled amongst letters?? Go into your bios and turn numlock support off. I just had to do that on an elderly ThinkPad. Drove me crazy. Ric

Linux user# 44256