Re: Fvwm.... this actually didn't work........

Charlie <ariestao@ipstarmail.com.au> writes:

> Further to my first post.
>
> I noticed I had an extra line under my ~/.fvwm/menudefs.hook:
>
> #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # This is the Debian menu call as suggested by Vincent W Chen.
> # Debian Menu
> #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> DestroyFunc SetDebianMenu
> AddToFunc SetDebianMenu
> + I Read /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook
> + I Read ~/.fvwm/menudefs.hook
> Test (f /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook) SetDebianMenu
>
> #------------------------------------------------------------- like
> this?
>
> Would that have made a difference? Maybe fvwm couldn't read it then?

Lines starting with # are comments.

Are you saying that you do not want all software you have installed to
show up in your fvwm menus but only some?  If you want only some to show
up, you'll need to maintain your own menu(s).

Following your discussion, I've added the Debian autogenerated menu to
https://github.com/lee-/fvwm --- you could add your own menu the same
way.  Plain and simple, I didn't use functions to update it; if the menu
is updated, just restart fvwm if you need the new version.

Vincent and Charly, thank you for pointing out how the Debian menu can
be added!

--
Hallowed are the Debians!