Re: Jessie: suddenly unable to make any changes with apt-get or aptitude:

Am 07.10.2014 um 19:53 schrieb Don Armstrong:
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2014, Sentientmeat Net wrote:
>> Hmm, I tried to figure out what group id might be required to replace...
>>
>> 'vm.hugetlb_shm_grop dba_group_gid'
>>
>> ...with, in...
>>
>> /etc/sysctl.conf and /etc/sysctl.d/* (and I have no idea where or which
>> package 'dba_group_gid' came from--something standard and maintained I'm
>> 99.9% sure).
>
> Well, if you find the file that has it, it'll be more obvious what it
> is. (But using codesearch.debian.net, I don't find any matches for
> dba_group_gid in Debian... so it's likely to not be in Debian at all.)

A quick internet search indicates that this might be related to oracle
database http://www.linuxinsight.com/oracle10g_on_debian.html

Sentientmeat, do you remember having an oracle product installed on this
particular system?

universe are pointed away from Earth?